The ability to write a convincing and persuasive argument, proposal or supporting case (call it what you will) is a key skill that’s needed for success in the workplace. To gain this ability you must know how to construct a persuasive argument that management will agree with. This requires a different set of skills from those needed for other types of writing such as reports or briefings. You must establish credibility, demonstrate that you’re providing what management needs, clearly enumerate the benefits of your case or proposal and convince management of the risks of acting otherwise. This course will provide you with the skills you need to do just that.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Personal Assistants and Secretaries
- Project Managers
- Sales Managers and anyone involved in writing proposals
- Business professionals at all levels who wish to write effectively
The course has been developed primarily for English second language speakers who need to develop their written communication. However, the workshop has been utilized successfully for English first language speakers as well.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Quickly collect and organise the information that the reader needs
- Grab the readers’ attention by choosing stronger nouns and verbs
- Eliminate non-specific words and phrases from business writing
- Use turn signals to guide the reader from sentence to sentence
- Construct a persuasive argument in support of his/her position
- Write cases and proposals that are compelling, credible and concise
- Enhance any case or proposal by making it more client-focussed
- Select successful titles for your cases and proposals
Cost 5 999 Rands