CAREER COACH AND MENTORING CERTIFICATION COURSE
This qualification has been developed for persons aspiring to become a Career Coach or Mentor.
When you become a career coach, you will get paid to provide career coaching services to people who are seeking employment in fields such as the arts, business, education, health care, hospitality, law enforcement, technology, or other industries.
You will have an interesting, flexible, and rewarding career helping people set and achieve goals for finding a new job or getting started in a new career.
You can help clients explore career choices, or coach them through the process of applying for jobs and preparing for interviews.
As a career coach you could also get paid to provide additional services such as writing resumes, leading career training programs, or providing outplacement services for corporations.
When you become a career coach, you might choose to work with job-seekers and career changers of all ages and backgrounds, or you could specialize in providing career coaching services to particular types of people, including:
- Career changers
- Culturally diverse populations
- Disadvantaged populations
- Entry-level workers
- Mature workers
- Military (veterans or their family members)
- Senior-level executives
- Unemployed workers
- Women (e.g. moms returning to the workforce, women executives, or women in nontraditional careers)
If you start your own career coaching business you will have the freedom of choosing the types of clients and career coaching you want to do. As the owner of a career coaching business, you can also enjoy the financial rewards of being your own boss.
Based on SAQA’s Unit ID: 48874 , NQF Level 4, 100 Credits
Designed for completion within 12 - 18 Weeks. Self-study distance learning course. Assignments and Examination for completion.
- Getting ready to do career coaching
- The skills you will need as a career coach, and how to develop them
- How to quickly get practical experience to build up your career coaching credentials
- How to find a career coaching mentor
- Step-by-step overview of the career coaching process
- What to do during the initial consultation with a career coaching client (includes a sample client form to identify career goals and priorities)
- Establishing the coach/client relationship
- The career exploration process, including:
- Using career assessments (plus where to get free assessments you can use with your coaching clients)
- Helping clients make career decisions
- Helping clients conduct a targeted job search
- Information to help clients find unadvertised jobs or create a job
- Preparing your clients for interviews
- Helping clients evaluate a job offer
- Career coaching techniques, including:
- Asking questions (includes a list of sample questions to ask career coaching clients)
- Listening and responding
- Role-playing to practice interview skills (includes sample interview questions and answers)
- How to help your clients create a career action plan
- Homework assignments you can give your career coaching clients
- How to provide outplacement services for corporations
- Providing resume writing and cover letter writing services
- Ways to deliver your career coaching services (in-person, telephone, online, group coaching)
- How to start a part-time or full-time career coaching business for little or no money
- Information about business matters affecting career coaches including insurance, licenses, legal structures, etc.
- Items to include in your business plan
- Choosing a name for your career coaching business
- How to set up an office for your career coaching business
- Sources of start-up financing if you want to spend more on your consulting business (e.g. leasing an office instead of working from home)
- Pricing your career coaching services (including typical coaching fees for individual and corporate clients):
- How to set your hourly rate
- Rates for individual clients
- Charging for coaching packages
- Fees for resume writing
- Group coaching fees
- Fees for outplacement services
- Fees for training programs
- Ways to ensure you get paid
- How to invoice corporate clients (includes a sample invoice)
- What to include in a client contract or agreement
- How to select strategic partners
- Finding potential clients for your career coaching business
- How to market your career coaching services effectively through
- Speaking and seminars
- Free promotional opportunities
- Getting clients to refer new clients to your career coaching business
- What you need to know about preparing proposals for corporate career coaching work
- How to be certified as a professional career coach
- Advice for handling difficult career coaching situations
- Valuable resources
- Information about career counseling programs (in case you want to become a career counselor in the future)
- Samples of what you need to launch your career coaching business, including:
- List of sample questions to ask clients during a career coaching session
- Sample career coaching client intake form
- Sample career coaching priorities checklist
- Sample decision-making worksheet
- Sample career coaching action plan
- Sample interview questions for role-playing
- Sample homework assignments to give your career coaching clients
- Sample cover letter
- Sample fees for career coaching services
- Samples of marketing materials
- Sample script for contacting corporate clients
- Sample invoice
- Sample contracts for individual and corporate coaching clients
- Links to templates for creating business stationery and marketing materials
FEES / ENROLMENT OPTIONS
We have the following payment options available for our student to choose from. Choose a payment option that best suits your style:
OPTION A: R1 890, 00
Includes Comprehensive training material, Certificate, Examination and Shipping of material as well as a CD containing business templates, supplementary readers and Audio E-Books.
OPTION B: R1 490, 00
WE ARE NOW GOING GREEN: This course is now available on CD which means that you will receive all your course content on CD and not as printed material. Help us save the planet by choosing this option. Includes Comprehensive training material, Certificate, Examination, business templates, supplementary readers.
OPTION C: R1 290, 00
Easy and convenient: Course content will be sent to you via email. Includes Comprehensive training material, Certificate, Examination, business templates, supplementary readers..
Kindly note: There are no payment terms. Training material is released within 3 - 14 working days after payment has
been received as the cost is inclusive of all your training material, supplementary readers, assignments as well as the
courier charges so we need to ensure that all costs are covered prior to the release of training material.
ENROLMENT FOR THIS PROGRAMME
To enrol for this course, kindly contact (012) 376 4282 or email Julie at email@example.com