We are a national training company. With branches in Cape Town, Klerksdorp, Pinetown, Kempton Park and Pietermaritzburg.
Global Learning Services lives by the ethos, individual performance enhancement in every sphere of training, maximizing the potential of every employee, reducing the risk of injury and damage to property.
GLS has an all to clear understanding of the consequences of operating outside of the legally mandated requirements when recruiting personnel, our clients have benefited from both our Risk Division’s attention to detail and cost and the resultant training by our Training Division.
We are the experts in the field of training and development, as well as being placed in the opportune position of risk assessment. Our teams of well-trained instructors engage the delegates on a level that they are comfortable, discussing the everyday scenarios and putting our invaluable training into context, which makes for better retention of the knowledge we impart.
Our training is based on the corner stone of good governance in accordance with our accreditation requirements as well as a healthy respect for the Health & Safety Act.
All our training material is compiled using a modular competency system in line with the NQF, ensuring that effective training is implemented.
A diverse group of large to small to medium organisations who rely on our expertise and trust us to ensure that they are continually abreast of current and new legislation and successfully trained in order to achieve maximum productivity.
You are safe in the knowledge that Global Learning Services is an all encompassing service provider that will ensure that all mandatory training is successfully carried out in accordance with current legislation.
GLS will endeavor to ensure that your existing Health & Safety and or training Department is optimally complimented by our excellent Risk Division as well as our Training Division.
Global Learning Services is committed to broad-based black economic empowerment and is a LEVEL 4 contributor.
To achieve this policy statement, management has set the following objectives:
Achieving the goals laid out in our BBBEE strategy document (set by IQUAD )
- Focussing on the 7 areas of the balanced scorecard
- Achieving a rating of 65%
Course we present:
Legislation Mandated Training
First aid courses
- Buddy Aid
- First Aid Level 1: US ID: 116534
- First Aid Level 2
- First Aid Level 3
- Aids Awareness: ID US: 13915
Dangerous Goods Courses
- Dangerous Goods Transportation: US ID: 123259
- Dangerous Goods Handling: US ID: 115093
Health & Safety Courses
- Construction Regulations
- Environmental Safety
- Housekeeping: ID US: 8016
- General Health & Safety/ Safety Induction Course
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) US ID: 120330
- Health & Safety for Junior Managers
- Health & Safety for Senior Managers
- Health & Safety Representative: US ID: 259622
- Height Rescue: US ID: 229995
- Incident /Accident Investigation
- Ladder Safety
- Lockout Procedures
- Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHASA) US ID:120344
- Safety Committee
- SHERMTRAC: US ID: 244283
- Stacking & Storage Regulations
- Technical Safety
- Working at Height: US ID: 229998
Fire Fighting Courses
- Breathing Apparatus
- Fire Fighting Level 1: US ID: 12484
- Fire Fighting Level 2: US ID: 12484
- Fire Marshall (Emergency Co-ordinator Training)
- Fire Warden
Lifting Equipment Training
- Forklift Truck - Code F1 – 4: US ID: 8038 & 242974
- Reach Truck - Code F5: US ID: 242972
- Pedestrian Controlled Stacker – Code F6 & F7: US ID: 242981
- Order Picker – Code F8 & F9: US ID: 242972
- Side Loader – Code F10
- Rough Terrain Truck - Code F11: US ID: 260762
- Powered Pallet Stacker – Code F12: US ID: 242981
- VNA lift truck, non-elevating cab, to service all levels – Code F13: US ID: 242972
- VNA lift truck, elevating cab, to service all levels – Code F14:US ID: 242972
- Rail mounted stacker lift truck with non-elevating cab – Code F15: US ID: 242972
- Rail mounted stacker lift truck with elevating cab – Code F16: US ID: 242972
- Overhead Gantry Crane – Code C30 – Pendant Control: US ID: 242976
- Overhead Gantry Crane - Code C31 – Cab Control: US ID: 242976
- Mechanical Lifting Equipment / Hoist – Code C54: US ID: 244407
- Truck Mounted Crane - Code C32: US ID: 242978
- Telescopic Boom Handler – Code C46: US ID: 260781
- Basic Rigging and Slinging US ID:
- Lifting Equipment -Visual Safety Inspection
- Mine Lifting Equipment - Visual Safety Inspection
- Cherry Picker / Aerial Platform (MEWP) - Code C53: US ID: 243272
- Monitor and Control the Safety and Operations of MEWP’s – Code C53: US ID: 243273
- Hydraulic Mobile Cranes up to 50 tons: US ID: 116254
- Hydraulic Mobile Cranes Exceeding 50 Tons: US ID: 242982
- Tail lift
- Demonstrate Knowledge Of Regulatory Framework For Lifting Machines: ID US: 260778
- Describe Different Categories of Lifting Machines: ID US: 260779
- Defensive/Advanced Driving Skills
- Skid Control (with Skidpan practical)
- Basic Driving Skills (K53 & Road Rules / Signs)
- Anti Hijack – Driver
- Anti Hijack Seminar
- Code 8 to Code 14 Driver Evaluation
- 4 x 4 Driving Skills
Plant and Mobile Machinery Training
- Tractor Course: US ID: 262804
- Front End Loader: US ID: 262747
- Articulated Dumper Truck: US ID: 262745
- Rigid Body Dumper Truck: US ID: 262731
- Bob Cat / Skid Steer Loader: US ID: 262712
- TLB: US ID: 262727
- Grader: US ID: 262735
- Tracked Bulldozer: US ID: 262729
- Excavator: US ID: 262744
- Refuge Truck
- Walk Behind Roller
- Ride on Roller
Soft Skills Training
- Customer Service Excellence
- Leadership Skills
- Delegation Principles
- Motivational Skills
- Supervisory Skills
- Selling Techniques
- Radio Techniques
- Telephone Techniques
- Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Secretarial Skills: US ID: 8015
- Basic Life Skills
- Dynamic Management
- Power Tool Safety: US ID: 12878
- Hand Tool Safety: ID US: 12877
- Basic Scaffolding: US IS: 263245
- Scaffold Inspection: US ID: 263205
- Chainsaw Operation: US ID: 264195
- Brush Cutter: US ID: 264182
- Confined Space Entry: US ID: 15034
- Supervise Health and Safety on a Construction Project: US ID: 262884
- Implement and Maintain Safety and Health Management Programme In the
- Workplace US ID: 259601
- Basic Warehousing
All quotations submitted are tailored to suit each Client’s special needs and requirements (on site, after hrs, rental of equipment etc). The quotation is valid for 15 days from date of issue.
All training booked is confirmed via a booking confirmation which is completed by your sales consulted and forwarded to you for confirmation, once signed and returned a VAT invoice will be issued immediately.
Cancellations or postponements of training must be received in writing 5 working days prior to the course/seminar. A cancellation or postponement fee of 100% will be
levied should written cancellation not be received.
An invoice is issued upon receipt of the booking confirmation. Said invoice is forwarded immediately thus negating payment.
Payment secures the delegates position in a particular course.
These are issued within a week after completion of training to successful delegates, subject to payment having been received, via means of a Webvault.