HUMAN RESOURCES SECRETARY/ ADMINISTRATOR
Support staff have a crucial role to play in contributing towards the effectiveness of the department. This course is designed to provide a basic introduction to the HR function and to show how support staff can help the HR team and the organisation achieve business success. The course gives participants a basic understanding and appreciation of the role and scope of the function and key HR processes and procedures through open discussion and practical work. Participants will develop the knowledge and skills required to enhance their personal contribution and the effectiveness of their HR team.
This course is designed for administrators and secretarial staff who have recently joined an HR team or for those who wish to improve their contribution to HR team outcomes.
12 - 18 Weeks Self-study distance learning course
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- understand the role and scope of the human resources function in contributing to your organisation’s success;
- contribute and add value to the HR function;
- utilise the knowledge, skills and aptitudes required to enhance your role;
- improve the effectiveness of HR information systems;
- develop your interpersonal communications skills and deal with difficult situations; and
- assist in the planning and organisation of the recruitment and selection process.
MODULE ONE – LABOUR RELATIONS ACT
- Who is covered by the act?
- Organisations of employers and employees
- Organisational rights
- Union security arrangements
- Centralised collective bargaining
- Workplace forums
- Industrial action
- Unfair treatment in the workplace
- The transfer of a business
- Resolution of disputes
- Impact of the act on particular employees
- Codes of good practice
- Disciplinary matters
- Incapacity (poor performance)
- Incapacity (ill-health or injury)
MODULE TWO - PROFESSIONAL SKILLS FOR EXECUTIVE SECRETARIES
- The Qualities of a Professional Secretary
- The Role of a Secretary in a Company
- Diary Management
- Business Letter Writing
- Telephone Etiquette
- Decision Making
- Creative Problem Solving
- Communication Skills
- Project Planning
- Composing Faxes, Memorandums and E-mails
- Client Care
- Work planning
- Conflict Resolution
- Making Travel/Hotel Arrangements
- Filing Systems
- Time Management
- Organising meetings
- Taking minutes at meetings
- Petty cash
- Document Presentation
- Stress Management
FEES / ENROLMENT OPTIONS
We have the following payment options available for our student to choose from. Choose a payment option that best suits your style:
OPTION A: R2 890, 00.
Includes Comprehensive training material, Certificate, Examination and Shipping of material as well as a CD containing business templates, supplementary readers and Audio E-Books.
OPTION B: R1 790, 00
WE ARE NOW GOING GREEN: This course is now available on CD which means that you will receive all your course content on CD and not as printed material. Help us save the planet by choosing this option.
OPTION C: R1 290, 00
Easy and convenient: Course content will be sent to you via email.
Kindly note: There are no payment terms. Training material is released within 3 - 14 working days after payment has been received as the cost is inclusive of all your training material, supplementary readers, assignments as well as the courier charges so we need to ensure that all costs are covered prior to the release of training material.
Delivery of training material is between 3 – 14 days depending on stock availability.
ENROLMENT FOR THIS PROGRAMME
To enrol for this course, kindly contact (012) 376 4282 or e-mail Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org