PERSONAL CONCIERGE CERTIFICATION COURSE
This course has been developed for persons aspiring to become a Personal Concierge.
In our busy society an increasing number of people need help getting their personal errands handled. It's no wonder many corporations now provide personal concierge services as a benefit to their employees.
Personal concierge services are more in demand than ever before.
There are few jobs that offer so many benefits. As a personal concierge, you will have a job that is fun, interesting, and rewarding. You will feel needed and appreciated, hearing that "you saved the day" again.
When you start your own business offering personal concierge services you will enjoy the freedom of being your own boss. You can work from home, scheduling errands and services around your family life or other commitments.
As a personal concierge business owner, you might decide to work hands-on, providing personal services yourself, or you might decide to manage other service providers to offer personal services through your concierge business.
When you start a personal concierge service business you can choose to offer a variety of personal services, including the following. (Which personal concierge services would you like your business to offer?)
- Errand Service (dry cleaning, post office, banking, pharmacy, delivery, etc.)
- Child Care Service (chauffeuring, supervision)
- Dining and Activities (tickets, reservations, tee times, private tours)
- Executive and Corporate Assistance (planning meetings, transporting clients, organizational services)
- House-sitting Service (plants and garden, fill fridge for arrival, check on teens)
- Office Help (filing, organizing, copying, faxing)
- Pet Care Service (feeding, walks, grooming)
- Planning Dinner Parties and Other Events (invitations, food and drink, decorating, music/entertainment)
- Relocation Service (evaluating homes and rentals, moving and storage arrangements, settling-in services)
- Repair and Maintenance Service (arranging service, getting quotes, allowing access)
- Shopping Service (groceries, gifts, gift-wrapping, item returns)
- Technology Solutions (websites, PDAs)
- Transportation Service (airport, within the city)
- Travel Service (planning and booking)
- Writing/Proofreading Service
- Other Services (meal service, reminder service, handling mini-emergencies, etc.)
Based on SAQA’s Unit ID: NOT ALIGNED AS YET (currently awaiting alignment for Personal Assistant/Executive Assistant), NQF Level 4, 90 Credits
Designed for completion within 6 – 12 Weeks. Self-study distance learning course. Assignments and Examination for completion.
- What a personal concierge does
- How to provide personal concierge services (includes information about a variety of services you can choose to offer to increase your income)
- How to build your personal concierge skills
- How to do a client consultation and assess client needs (includes a sample client questionnaire)
- How to run errands the professional way
- How to arrange payment for groceries, gifts, and more
- Insider tips that can help you succeed in the personal concierge business (such as where to look for sold-out tickets)
- How to start a personal concierge service business as inexpensively as possible
- Information about business matters affecting personal concierge services such as business planning, insurance, etc.
- How to decide on a name for your personal concierge service business
- Some services that many personal concierge services refuse to offer — and why
- How to set your fees for personal concierge services:
- Setting fees by the hour versus by the service
- Putting together service packages
- Advice on competing on price
- When and how to get paid
- How to estimate how many clients to take on (and when it's time to hire help)
- How to find reputable vendors and service providers
- How to market a personal concierge service business
- Where you're most likely to meet potential clients
- How to get referrals for your personal concierge business
- How to get corporate clients for your personal concierge business
- Tips on writing a proposal
- Helpful samples you can use in your personal concierge service business (including a sample invoice and sample contract)
- How to manage your time effectively
- How to deal with common fears and misperceptions that clients may have
- How to be prepared for the unexpected including a list of emergency supplies
- Samples of what you need to launch your personal concierge service business, including:
- Sample hourly rates for personal concierge services
- Sample invoice for a personal concierge service business
- Sample of what to say when meeting prospective clients of your personal concierge service business
- Sample contracts for an individual client or a corporate client
FEES / ENROLMENT OPTIONS
We have the following payment options available for our student to choose from. Choose a payment option that best suits your style: NB: ALL OPTIONS INCLUDE EXAMINATION AND CERTIFICATION.
OPTION A: R1 490, 00
Includes Comprehensive training material, Certificate, Examination and Shipping of material as well as a CD containing business templates, supplementary readers and Audio E-Books.
OPTION B: R1 290, 00
WE ARE NOW GOING GREEN: This course is now available on CD which means that you will receive all your course content on CD and not as printed material. Help us save the planet by choosing this option.
OPTION C: R1 090, 00
Easy and convenient: Course content will be sent to you via email.
Kindly note: There are no payment terms. Training material is released within 3 - 14 working days after payment has
been received as the cost is inclusive of all your training material, supplementary readers, assignments as well as the
courier charges so we need to ensure that all costs are covered prior to the release of training material.
ENROLMENT FOR THIS PROGRAMME
To enrol for this course, kindly contact (012) 376 4282 or email Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org