The alarming increase in litigation and fines against organisations, which have not complied with the Act; have resulted in higher volumes of insurance claims, and premiums. The risks and direct costs of those risks are far from negligible.
In order to ensure that high safety standards and cost effective production are maintained, an effective Risk Control Management process, individually tailored to a specific industry/company’s profile, is needed.
Our company is about RESULTS! Delivering results based on the client’s needs and objectives. Pro-Safe is a solid and high performing investment into your business. All our consultants are highly experienced, hands on, Risk Practitioners ensuring that you get professional support, service and advice, but more importantly, a favorable return on your investment.
Our Consulting Services are tailor made for clients requiring assistance in certain fields of expertise or where there is a problematic area within their safety system. This service is purely done by coming in, auditing, reporting and making recommendations.
The client is then left to implement the corrective action.
Risk Assessments & Audits – OHASA legislated
- Occupational Health & Safety System Design
- Legal Compliance Auditing
- Incident/Accident Investigation
- Company Written Safe Work procedures
- Training Course Development
- Safety Equipment Inspections
- Lifting Equipment Inspections
- Fire Equipment Inspections
- Fall Protection Plan (Audits & Assessments – Construction Industry Regulation)
- Fire Evacuation Systems
Pro-Safe specialize in assisting business, industry and government with Occupational
Health and Safety Management systems.
Pro-Safe offers practical and achievable health and safety solutions to suit your organization. We will provide guidance and resources and work with you to ensure that you fully benefit from our team of health and safety consultants.
We can provide you with a consultant to assist you to develop, implement and maintain a tailored Safety management system based on the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
We can develop new, or modify your existing programs to establish a cost effective health and safety management system, unique to your business.
Our Safety Consultants can provide you with the clear understanding of legislative requirements and guidance you need to be confident that safety issues are under control at your facility.
Legal Compliance Audits
Throughout industry all companies are legally bound to comply with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85/1993 and all its Statutory Provisions.
In order to assess your Status, Pro-Safe can:
Undertake a dedicated Health and Safety Audit of your business operations and benchmark compliance
Identify and quantify all areas of weakness and provide practical recommendations for minimum compliance and good working practices
Prepare detailed action plans to ensure minimum compliance with practical time constraints.
The main aim of Occupational Risk Assessments is to protect workers' health and safety. Risk Assessments help to minimize the possibility of the workers or the environment being harmed due to work-related activities. It also helps to keep your business competitive and effective.
Risk Assessments that Pro-Safe offers are:
- Baseline Risk Assessments
- Fire Risk Assessments
Monthly Consultation Packages
We offer a number of Monthly Consultation packages for clients who feel that they do not have the resources to implement and maintain a Safety or Legal Compliance system. This service is provided with a comprehensive safety program maintenance system that ensures a total quality legal compliance system that will be held in high esteem in the event of an intended prosecution by the Department of Labour.
i Risk System: Implementation & Management
i Health & Safety System: Implementation & Management
i Monthly Inspection and Record of Equipment
i On going Safety Awareness Programme Implementation
i Monthly Compliance Audits
i Safety Equipment Usage & Control
i In House Training: “Management Person”
i Incident/Accident Investigations
i Health & Safety Committee Meetings
SHE REP Monthly Inspection Register
This booklet is designed to facilitate monthly inspections of the workplace. It makes provision for twelve months of inspections.
Each month is represented by a checklist with columns according to which monthly inspections can be carried out.
This system ensures that the representative does not forget to carry out some of the legally required checks, thus facilitating the maintenance of the safety programme.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Issue Register
This is a complete system for the issuing and control of PPE.
The Act requires management to conduct a survey in the workplace of the needs, then issue the required PPE and enforce the use thereof.
The first page of the book provides a step by step format according to which the survey can be carried out, then follows 20 PPE issues (one per person) and finally space is provided for recording details of employees who fail to wear or use the PPE issued to them (proof of enforcement).
Fire Inspection Register
This booklet contains monthly checklists for Fire extinguishers, Fire hoses, Fire Hydrants as well as weekly inspections on the Sprinklers control valves.
Record keeping of fire inspections is vitally important to your safety management programme.
First Aid Requirements
- Metal first aid box (Wall mounted)
- Plastic first aid box (Wall mounted)
- First aid refill kits
Safety Signage and Charts
Basic Conditions of Employment wall chart (English & Zulu)
- Employment Equity wall chart (English & Zulu)
- Occupational Health & Safety Act wall chart (English only)
- Occupational Health & Safety Act - Driven Machinery Regulation wall chart (English only)
- Occupational Health & Safety Act - Vessels under Pressure Regulation wall chart (English only)
- Occupational Health & Safety Act - Environmental Regulation for workplaces wall chart (English only)
- Schedule D - wall chart (English only)
- Schedule C - wall chart (English only)
- Occupational Health & Safety Act - Duties of Employees wall chart (English & Zulu)
- Designated Smoking Area - (English only)
- No Smoking - (English & Zulu)
As an extension of Pro-Safe, Pro-Safe now brings with it the added advantage of an innovative Training Division, Global Learning Services. The Training Divisions core business is that of Occupational Health and Safety Act compliance Global Learning Services lives by the ethos, individual performance enhancement in Every sphere of training, maximizing the potential of every employee, reducing the risk of Injury and damage to property.
GLS has an all too clear understanding of the consequences of operating outside of the Legally mandated requirements when recruiting personnel, our clients have benefited from both Pro-Safe’s attention to detail and cost and the resultant training by our Training Division.
We are the experts in the field of training and development, as well as being placed in The opportune position of risk assessment. Our teams of well-trained instructors engage the delegates on a level that they are comfortable, discussing the everyday scenarios and putting our invaluable training into context, which makes for better retention of the knowledge we impart.
Our training is based on the corner stone of good governance in accordance with our accreditation requirements as well as a healthy respect for the Health & Safety Act.
All our training material is compiled using a modular competency system in line with the NQF, ensuring that effective training is implemented.
You are safe in the knowledge that Global Learning Services is an all encompassing
Service provider that will ensure that all mandatory training is successfully carried out in accordance with current legislation
Legislation Mandated Training
First aid courses
- First Aid Level 1: US ID: 116534
- First Aid Level 2
- First Aid Level 3
- Aids Awareness: ID US: 13915
Dangerous Goods Courses
Dangerous Goods Transportation: US ID: 123259
- Dangerous Goods Handling: US ID: 115093
Health & Safety Courses
- Environmental Safety
- Housekeeping: ID US: 8016
- General Health & Safety/ Safety Induction Course
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) US ID: 120330
- Health & Safety for Junior Managers
- Health & Safety for Senior Managers
- Health & Safety Representative: US ID: 259622
- Height Rescue: US ID: 229995
- Incident /Accident Investigation
- Ladder Safety
- Lockout Procedures
- Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHASA) US ID:120344
- Safety Committee
- SHERMTRAC: US ID: 244283
- Stacking & Storage Regulations
- Technical Safety
- Working at Height: US ID: 229998
Fire Fighting Courses
- Fire Fighting Level 1: US ID: 12484
- Fire Fighting Level 2: US ID: 12484
- Fire Marshall (Emergency Co-ordinator Training)
- Fire Warden
Lifting Equipment Training
Forklift Truck - Code F1 – 4: US ID: 8038 & 242974
- Reach Truck - Code F5: US ID: 242972
- Pedestrian Controlled Stacker – Code F6 & F7: US ID: 242981
- Order Picker – Code F8 & F9: US ID: 242972
- Side Loader – Code F10
- Rough Terrain Truck - Code F11: US ID: 260762
- Powered Pallet Stacker – Code F12: US ID: 242981
- VNA lift truck, non-elevating cab, to service all levels – Code F13: US ID: 242972
- VNA lift truck, elevating cab, to service all levels – Code F14:US ID: 242972
- Rail mounted stacker lift truck with non-elevating cab – Code F15: US ID: 242972
- Rail mounted stacker lift truck with elevating cab – Code F16: US ID: 242972
- Overhead Gantry Crane – Code C30 – Pendant Control: US ID: 242976
- Overhead Gantry Crane - Code C31 – Cab Control: US ID: 242976
- Mechanical Lifting Equipment / Hoist – Code C54: US ID: 244407
- Truck Mounted Crane - Code C32: US ID: 242978
- Telescopic Boom Handler – Code C46: US ID: 260781
- Basic Rigging and Slinging US ID:
- Lifting Equipment -Visual Safety Inspection
- Mine Lifting Equipment - Visual Safety Inspection
- Cherry Picker / Aerial Platform (MEWP) - Code C53: US ID: 243272
- Monitor and Control the Safety and Operations of MEWP’s – Code C53: US ID: 243273
- Hydraulic Mobile Cranes up to 50 tons: US ID: 116254
- Hydraulic Mobile Cranes Exceeding 50 Tons: US ID: 242982
- Tail lift
- Demonstrate Knowledge Of Regulatory Framework For Lifting Machines: ID US: 260778
- Describe Different Categories of Lifting Machines: ID US: 260779
Defensive/Advanced Driving Skills
- Skid Control (with Skidpan practical)
- Basic Driving Skills (K53 & Road Rules / Signs)
- Anti Hijack – Driver
- Anti Hijack Seminar
- Code 8 to Code 14 Driver Evaluation
- 4 x 4 Driving Skills
Plant and Mobile Machinery Training
Tractor Course: US ID: 262804
- Front End Loader: US ID: 262747
- Articulated Dumper Truck: US ID: 262745
- Rigid Body Dumper Truck: US ID: 262731
- Bob Cat / Skid Steer Loader: US ID: 262712
- TLB: US ID: 262727
- Grader: US ID: 262735
- Tracked Bulldozer: US ID: 262729
- Excavator: US ID: 262744
- Refuge Truck
- Walk Behind Roller
- Ride on Roller
Soft Skills Training
Customer Service Excellence
- Leadership Skills
- Delegation Principles
- Motivational Skills
- Supervisory Skills
- Selling Techniques
- Radio Techniques
- Telephone Techniques
- Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Secretarial Skills: US ID: 8015
- Basic Life Skills
- Dynamic Management
Power Tool Safety: US ID: 12878
- Hand Tool Safety: ID US: 12877
- Basic Scaffolding: US IS: 263245
- Scaffold Inspection: US ID: 263205
- Chainsaw Operation: US ID: 264195
- Brush Cutter: US ID: 264182
- Confined Space Entry: US ID: 15034
- Supervise Health and Safety on a Construction Project: US ID: 262884
- Implement and Maintain Safety and Health Management Programme In the
Workplace US ID: 259601
- Basic Warehousing
All quotations submitted are tailored to suit each Client’s special needs and requirements (on site, after hrs, rental of equipment etc). The quotation is valid for 15 days from date of issue.
All training booked is confirmed via a booking confirmation which is completed by your sales consulted and forwarded to you for confirmation, once signed and returned a VAT invoice will be issued immediately.
Cancellations or postponements of training must be received in writing 5 working days prior to the course/seminar. A cancellation or postponement fee of 100% will be levied should written cancellation not be received.
An invoice is issued upon receipt of the booking confirmation. Said invoice is forwarded immediately thus negating payment.
Payment secures the delegates position in a particular course.
These are issued within a week after completion of training to successful delegates, subject to payment having been received vi means of a Webvault