PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR OFFICE PROFESSIONALS
This course will motivate and instill confidence in PAs, administrators and secretaries who are involved in the core skills of project management. The course enables you to practice new skills in a risk-free environment.
We have designed this course to provide office professionals with the essential knowledge to effectively plan, implement and review projects. Through attending this course, delegates will also be able to improve their communication, time management and problem solving skills and apply these to their projects.
Course covers unit standards 120372 and 120379 at NQF level 4 with 13 credits
18 Weeks Self-study programme. Examination upon completion of studies.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Clearly define what constitutes a project.
- Plan, organise and document a project in a logical manner.
- Use appropriate tools and documents in order to plan the project effectively and to minimise risk.
- Demonstrate knowledge of delegation, time management, decision making and communication skills essential to effective project implementation.
- Review and learn from strengths and weaknesses identified on completion of a project.
- Influence people and negotiate solutions to problems which arise during your projects.
What is a Project?
- Defining what we mean by project management
- Special features of projects
- Understanding why projects fail
The Project Life Cycle
- Identify a four-stage approach to managing projects
- Understand the value of the project life cycle
- Preparing and outlining the project
Defining a Project
- How to clearly define a project
- Setting and agreeing objectives, scope and constraints
- Recognise the need to manage project stakeholders
- Define roles and responsibilities in a project
- Appreciate the importance of team working within the project
- Basic planning tools and techniques
- How to make time and cost estimates more credible and realistic
- Establish a project communication strategy
- Simple risk management tools and techniques available to avoid surprises
- Creation of project documentation and data display methods
Implementing the Project
- Monitoring and controlling activities
- Taking corrective action to keep the project on track
- Dealing with requests for change
- Reporting progress
Closing and Reviewing a Project
- Understand the need for a controlled close to a project
- Measuring what actually happened against the plan
- Learning lessons - both positive and negative
- Closing down and moving on
* Additional module information will also cover the following –
- The Project Management Context
- Project Management Processes
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Managing work as projects
- The project environment
- Project & matrix management
- Management responsibilities
- Types of project management structure
- Identifying sources of conflict
- Project commissioning & ownership
- Defining the project life-cycle
- Project initiation
- Managing the life-cycle
- Role of the project manager
- Motivating the project team
- Creating an effective Project office
- Project closure
- The Qualities of a Professional Secretary
- The Role of a Secretary in a Company
- Diary Management
- Business Letter Writing
- Telephone Etiquette
- Decision Making
- Creative Problem Solving
- Communication Skills
- Composing Faxes, Memorandums and E-mails
- Client Care
- Conflict Resolution
- Making Travel/Hotel Arrangements
- Filing Systems
- Time Management
- Organising meetings
- Taking minutes at meetings
- Introduction to Bookkeeping
- Document Presentation
- Stress Management
FEES / ENROLMENT OPTIONS
We have the following payment options available for our student to choose from. Choose a payment option that best suits your style:
OPTION A: R2 990, 00.
Includes Comprehensive training material, Certificate, Examination and Shipping of material as well as a CD containing business templates, supplementary readers and Audio E-Books.
OPTION B: R1 990, 00
WE ARE NOW GOING GREEN: This course is now available on CD which means that you will receive all your course content on CD and not as printed material. Help us save the planet by choosing this option.
OPTION C: R1 290, 00
Easy and convenient: Course content will be sent to you via email.
Kindly note: There are no payment terms. Training material is released within 3 - 14 working days after payment has been received as the cost is inclusive of all your training material, supplementary readers, assignments as well as the courier charges so we need to ensure that all costs are covered prior to the release of training material.
Delivery of training material is between 3 – 14 days depending on stock availability.
ENROLMENT FOR THIS PROGRAMME
To enrol for this course, kindly contact (012) 376 4282 or e-mail Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org