This qualification has been developed for persons aspiring to become a Travel Agent / Consultant.
As a travel consultant (also known as a travel agent), you can combine your love of travel with a flexible and profitable career.
When you become a travel agent or start your own travel agency, you'll get paid to recommend your favorite vacation destinations, secluded hotels, and luxurious cruise lines to grateful clients.
Plus, you'll learn about the hottest new travel destinations, have exclusive access to discounted "agent-only" travel offers, and you will always get the best deals and rates for your own travel adventures, too.
While there are still traditional job openings in travel agencies, recent changes in the industry have seen many consultants start home-based travel businesses, working flexible hours and earning lucrative commissions.
You can choose to specialize in whatever type of travel that attracts you the most:
- Adventure travel
- Business travel
- Golf trips
- Luxury travel
- Family travel
- Spa getaways
- Special lifestyles
- Winery tours
- Or many other types of travel experiences
Based on SAQA’s Unit ID: 7941, NQF Level 5, 167 Credits
Designed for completion within 12 Weeks. Self-study distance learning course. Assignments and Examination for completion.
- What you need to know about how the travel industry works
- How to do a client consultation (includes a list of sample questions to ask clients)
- How to get exclusive access to "agent only" discounts (plus get the best deals and rates for your own travel)
- How to advise your clients about everything from cultures to currency to climate conditions
- How to have profitable professional relationships with suppliers of:
- air travel
- train travel
- cruise lines
- accommodations (e.g. hotels, resorts)
- car rentals
- tour operators
- Computer software that can help you plan travel
- Information about visas and travel documents
- The steps to making a booking for your client (includes a sample travel itinerary)
- Where to find travel consultant job openings
- Tracking down unadvertised positions
- How to develop the skills you will need to get hired as a travel agent
- Developing job-hunting materials for the travel industry (includes sample resumes)
- Interview tips and sample questions to expect
- Information about salaries and standard commissions in travel agencies
- How to negotiate the best pay option for you
- Insider tips to maximize your income
- Working from your own home versus opening a retail travel agency
- An overview of options for your travel agency business:
- Buying an existing travel agency (including how to find travel agencies for sale)
- Buying a travel agency franchise
- Opening a new travel agency
- How to partner with a host agency (an established travel agency)
- How to create a business plan for your travel agency (includes a sample travel agency business plan)
- Choosing a name for your travel agency
- Where to get start-up financing for your travel agency business (includes sample start-up budgets)
- Information about business matters affecting a travel agency company including insurance, licenses, legal structures, etc.
- What to consider when choosing a retail location for a travel agency, including information about permits and leases
- Equipment and supplies you need to start a travel agency and where to get what you need
- Ways to attract clients to your travel agency through advertising and low cost publicity
- Creating a website for your travel consulting business
- Effective selling techniques to close sales
- How to increase your income by selling travel packages
- How to deal with difficult customers
- How to market travel planning services to corporate clients
- Targeting special-interest groups to maximize your income
- Strategies to help you get repeat business
- How to get paid for your services
- Commissions from suppliers plus ways to increase your commissions
- Service fees from clients with advice on what you can charge for and typical fees
- Methods of payment (and which are best)
- Information about popular trends in travel, including:
- Luxury travel
- Adventure travel
- Valuable samples and checklists, including:
- Sample questions to identify clients' travel plans
- Sample travel itinerary
- Sample booking confirmation sheet
- Sample credit card authorization form
- Sample business plan for a travel agency
- Sample resumes for a travel agent
- Sample lease agreement
- Sample budgets for a travel agency
- Supplies checklist
- Checklist to evaluate potential locations
FEES / ENROLMENT OPTIONS
We have the following payment options available for our student to choose from. Choose a payment option that best suits your style:
OPTION A: R1 890, 00
Includes Comprehensive training material, Certificate, Examination and Shipping of material as well as a CD containing business templates, supplementary readers and Audio E-Books.
OPTION B: R1 490, 00
WE ARE NOW GOING GREEN: This course is now available on CD which means that you will receive all your course content on CD and not as printed material. Help us save the planet by choosing this option. Includes Comprehensive training material, Certificate, Examination, business templates, supplementary readers.
OPTION C: R1 290, 00
Easy and convenient: Course content will be sent to you via email. Includes Comprehensive training material, Certificate, Examination, business templates, supplementary readers..
Kindly note: There are no payment terms. Training material is released within 3 - 14 working days after payment has
been received as the cost is inclusive of all your training material, supplementary readers, assignments as well as the
courier charges so we need to ensure that all costs are covered prior to the release of training material.
ENROLMENT FOR THIS PROGRAMME
To enrol for this course, kindly contact (012) 376 4282 or email Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org